A wine cooler is a small refrigerator specially made for keeping wine. There are built-in wine coolers available in the kitchen but if not, you can buy freestanding wine fridges. This ensures that the wines stay fresh and effortlessly. Whether it’s a family function or a friend’s party, this cooler will always save your drinks for long hours.
There are plenty of cooling units in the market with a lot more new designs and styles. If you are a regular drinker and an enthusiast of wine collection, then a wine cooler is the basic requirement for that. But with so many options in the market, it would be tough for you to choose the best cooler for you. So we are giving you a review for one of such amazing wine cooler brand Culinair that we found on Amazon. But before that, we would like you to go through the basic buying guide for a wine cooler that would help you to analyze the products properly.
Wine is a very natural and delicate product because it is made up of fruits that have been stored well for a long period of time. So storage is important for them. When we store the wine in a proper place, we save it from three broad enemies’ extreme temperatures, ultraviolet rays, and vibrations. We will discuss it n.
the ideal wine storage temperature is 55 degrees. Earlier when the refrigerator was not there, people used to store it underground in caves or cellars, because they made it easy to keep wines at the natural temperatures. This temperature the flavor, color, and smell. Also maintaining a steady temperature is important. The up-down in temperature may increase its aging process and damage the actual essence of the wine. It will also fluctuate the relative humidity, which eventually damages the cork and breaks the seal of the wine. This will spoil the wine in just a few days.
ultraviolet UV rays can damage anything in the world, whether it’s human skin or a wine bottle. Too much sunlight is not good for anything; they cause the delicate compounds in the wine to break down that will change the taste of the wine completely. The key to keeping the wine best ever tasting is to keep it in protective storage that would be far from the reach of sunrays.
every wine bottle has some sediment at the bottom, which has to be kept as it is. If you move it very often, the sediments will become agitated and spread throughout the bottle, causing chemical reactions that would change the flavor of your wine. So it has to be kept still and protected from excessive vibrations from other appliances.
You may think, a normal refrigerator at home can be used to store the wine too. If it can store other foods and drinks, then why not wine? Unfortunately, a normal home refrigerator prefers to keep the temperature 38 degrees for other food items, but we need 55 degrees to store the wine. So it will not be ideal for your wine. The interior is also much drier that can cause the cork to shrink quickly and break the seal. These large refrigerators may contain large compressors which creates large vibrations. So we have already read about the disadvantage of vibrations. So ultimately the standard refrigerator is not a good option for wine.
So when you go for buying the wine cooler, the below-mentioned list should be the ideal features that you would look for:
- The temperature: we already know the ideal temperature for keeping wine, so make sure you check the range of temperature and types of temperature zone.
- A Thermoelectric or compressor: keeps your wine at a stable temperature.
- Storage capacity: makes sure you know how many bottles can be kept at once.
- Durable: make sure it is made up of good quality material so that it lasts longer.
- Lighting: make sure it has LEDhighlightingwine would get minimum UV rays inside the cooler and also it saves energy.
- Stylish: choose a cooler that goes with your interior décor and standard.
- Triple pane glass: a well-insulated solid door will keep the cool air locked inside for long hours.
1) Culinair AW82S Thermoelectric 8-bottle wine cooler, silver/black
It uses state-of-the-art technology to deliver vibration-free operation and keeps your wine safe.
The Culinair Thermoelectric 8-Bottle Wine Cooler uses no CFC’s. It used a technology that eliminates compressor and reduces vibration. The Culinair is the best wine cooler company so far in the market that used the latest technology to keep your cooler fresh and safe.
Features & Benefits
- Size – It is a small size cooler that can only fit 8 bottles of wine at a time with ease.
- Technology – The state-of-the-art thermoelectric refrigeration technology eliminates the use of compressors and helps to reduce vibration. It can also reduce the internal temperature up to 30 degrees less than the ambient temperature. This keeps the wine fresh for long period.
- Structure – It consists of a glass-door with soft interior lighting that will display your best bottle collection of wine. It also has adjustable shelves that will make it easier for you to adjust the space according to the size of the bottle.
- Adjustable feet – The flush back design coupled with the adjustable feet for leveling, eliminates vibrations. This anti-vibration technology helps to enhance the taste by letting the wine set in properly and not disturb the sediments.
- Control – there is an adjustable temperature controller to keep your wine at the correct temperature all the time without disturbing the wines, as the display is outside the cooler.
- Stylish – it is simple to operate but looks gracefully and stylish all the time. Each Culinair product is made to complement any home decor and also your precious wine.
- Manufacturer and Brand: Culinair
- Product Dimensions: 40 x 46 x 43 cm
- Weight: 7.60 Kilograms
Advantages & Disadvantages
2) Culinair AW162S Thermoelectric 16-bottle wine cooler, silver/black
It is the same model from Culinair which also has amazing design and technology that will definitely satisfy your needs. The difference only lies in the size of the cooler; this can hold up to 16 bottles of wine at a time perfectly. It is double the size of the AW82S model of Culinair.
Features & Benefits
Size – It is a comparatively larger size cooler that can fit 16 bottles of wine at a time with ease. There will be 4 racks and each can hold up to 4 bottles.
Technology – The similar state-of-the-art thermoelectric refrigeration technology is used that eliminates compressors and helps to reduce vibration. It can also reduce the internal temperature up to 30 degrees less than the ambient temperature. This keeps the wine fresh for long period.
Structure – It consists of a glass-door with soft interior lighting that will display your best bottle collection of wine. It also has adjustable shelves that will make it easier for you to adjust the space according to the size of the bottle.
Adjustable feet – The flush back design coupled with the adjustable feet for leveling, eliminates vibrations. This anti-vibration technology helps to enhance the taste by letting the wine set in properly and not disturb the sediments.
Control – there is an adjustable temperature controller to keep your wine at the correct temperature all the time without disturbing the wines, as the display is outside the cooler.
Stylish – it is simple to operate but looks gracefully and stylish all the time. Each Cullinair product is made to complement any home decor and also your precious wine.
- Manufacturer and Brand: Culinair
- Product Dimensions: 47.37 x 50.44 x 43.31 cm
- Weight: 13.61 Kilograms
Advantages & Disadvantages
Choosing a wine cooler is not a very tough job, you just have to know the different types of cooler available and match the specifications and features with your need. There are plenty of choices out there, but the perfect cooler will be the cooler having all the features you need in the budget you set. So make sure you read the buyer’s guide properly and then make sure you make a list of what features you need.
For making your worries a bit less, we have given you some best options for the wine cooler. These are available on Amazon with budget-friendly rates and qualities. Both are from the Culinair brand that is considered very well in the wine cooler market. Both have identical features, you can select them according to your preference of size. One of them is small in size and only fit 8 bottles, while another can accommodate 16 such bottles. So choose what fits your need.